Friday 3 January 2014

Some Encouraging Thoughts from Johny (Late John George Samuel)

Love and Sacrifice
  • A true friend should be a person who can adjust with our ideas. Being honest, frank, trust-worthy, caring, loving can win us a true friend. (Gal. 3:29; Phil. 1:21; 1 Pet. 4:12).
  • Real friends are with you in all your ups and downs. (Prov. 17:17; Phil. 11:12; 1 Sam. 18:3).
  • Keep your eyes on the Lord; He never takes His eyes off you. (Is. 30:20; Ps. 123:2; 121:1).

Wisdom
  • Having the wisdom from God is better than having worldly wisdom. (1 Sam 2:3; Prov. 1:7; Rom. 11:33).
  • We should praise God not only for what He has done for us, but also for what He is to us. (Ps. 107:43; 34:1).
  • We should not only hear or read God’s word, but also put it into practice. (James. 2:17; Acts. 17:11).

Other situations
  • A smile that is not from your heart will pain your face. (Heb 4:13; Jer. 17:10; Ps. 4:7).
  • No one is useless while he has a friend. (Eccles.4:9; Luke 10: 30-35).
  • A Christian home is earth’s sweetest picture of Heaven! (Eph. 5:30; Matt. 19:6; 1 Cor.7:30).

2 comments:

  1. Hello uncle... I have read your book, Courage in times of discouragement and it strengthens my faith. Where can I purchase more copies of this book as I want to gift it to others? I'm from Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello uncle... I have read your book, Courage in times of discouragement and it strengthens my faith. Where can I purchase more copies of this book as I want to gift it to others? I'm from Chennai

    ReplyDelete